Sunday, May 19, 2013

Art As A Novel:Excerpt #4


ART AS A NOVEL
EXCERPT # 4

NEW YORK CITY, MAY 2000
Maggie’s Attorney, Robert G.  

Early the next morning I tried to contact her dealer. Maggie was always concerned about her work and money, but come on I kept saying where could she have gone and why? That Jeremy Irons looking clone she called her dealer had to have something to do with this.  Oh God! Why didn’t I see this coming…..he’s hurt her, I just know it! “Dammit, Maggie”, I roared, if “he’s hurt you in any way I’ll spend the rest of my life making that German fuck pay!” The Nazi never returned any of my calls. Five days later I walked into the gallery.  Maggie had been gone over 28 days and no one had seen or heard from her.  I was more than frantic.  I was convinced something bad had happened.  She would never have left me…not like that…not even if she was pissed. 

1 comment:

  1. Loving the excerpts. I just don't want to read about Maggie being driven over a cliff in Mexico! Love you.

    ReplyDelete